These are the issues coming before various City of Charleston boards and committees and the review results that are specific to Daniel Island and the Cainhoy area. All meetings are open for public comment except the TRC meetings.
CITY OF CHARLESTON TECHNICAL REVIEW BOARD
A meeting of the City of Charleston Technical Review Committee will be held at 9 a.m. on April 8 via Zoom. To access via telephone, dial 1 (301) 715-8592, then Webinar ID# 859 6475 0850, followed by password 682487. The items on the agenda for Daniel Island or the Cainhoy peninsula include:
• Project throughput at Green Family Lane, Cainhoy. Owner: SC Ports Authority. Applicant: Thomas & Hutton Engineering Co., 912-547-8476. Contact: Scott Greene, firstname.lastname@example.org
. Misc notes: Transload warehouse to support port related activities.
• Preliminary Subdivision Plat and Road Work for Lesesne Street, Daniel Island. Acres: 81.3. Lots: 31. Owner: The Daniel Island Company. Applicant: Thomas & Hutton Engineering Co., 843-725-5276. Contact: Brian Riley email@example.com
. Preliminary plat and road construction plans for a 31-lot, single-family residential subdivision.
At the meeting held April 1, the agenda items for Daniel Island or the Cainhoy peninsula included:
• Parkline Avenue Apartments Location: Parkline Avenue, Daniel Island. Acres: 5.05 # Units (multi-fam./Concept Plans): 242. Owner: Davis Development Applicant: Thomas & Hutton Engineering Co., 843-849-0200. Contact: Brian Riley, firstname.lastname@example.org
. Misc notes: Multi-family development. 4-story apartment building wrapped around a parking deck. RESULTS: Revise and submit to the committee.
REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETINGS
• Berkeley County Council conducts its regularly scheduled meetings on the fourth Monday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Berkeley County Administration Building, 1003 Highway 52, Moncks Corner.
• Berkeley County Board of Education meetings are held twice each month. The second meeting of each month includes special recognitions of students, employees and community members. Executive Committee meets at 5:30 p.m.; public meeting starts at 6:30 p.m.
• Charleston City Council conducts its meetings on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at 5 p.m.