These are the issues coming before various City of Charleston boards and committees and the review results that are specific to Daniel Island and the Cainhoy area. All meetings are open for public comment except the TRC meetings.
CITY OF CHARLESTON TECHNICAL REVIEW COMMITTEE (TRC)
A meeting of the City of Charleston Technical Review Committee will be held at 9 a.m. on Feb. 11 via Zoom. To access via telephone, dial 1-301-715-8592, then Webinar ID# 859 6475 0850, followed by password 682487.
Items on the agenda for Daniel Island or the Cainhoy peninsula include:
• Sportsman Island Boat & RV - storage facility construction. Location: Sportsman Island Drive, Cainhoy. Owner: 1.7SI LLC. Applicant: Kellum Engineering, LLC, 843-509-0568. Contact: Thomas Kellum, thomas@kellum
At the meeting held Feb. 4 via Zoom. Items on the agenda for Daniel Island or the Cainhoy peninsula included:
• Volvo Car Stadium modifications. Location: 161 Seven Farms Drive, Daniel Island. Owner: City of Charleston. Leasee: Beemok Sports LLC. Applicant: Seamon, Whiteside, & Associates, 843-884-1667. Contact: Paul Peeples firstname.lastname@example.org
RESULTS: Revise and resubmit to the board.
CITY OF CHARLESTON BOARD OF ZONING-SITE DESIGN
A meeting of the BZA-SD was held Feb. 3 via Zoom. Items on the agenda for Daniel Island or the Cainhoy peninsula included:
• 310 Hidden Bottom Lane, Daniel Island. Request a variance from Sec. 54-327 to allow the removal of one grand tree. Owner: Michael & Caroline Walkley. Applicant: Lowcountry Premier Custom Homes. Results were not available at press time.
REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETINGS
• Berkeley County Council conducts its regularly scheduled meetings on the fourth Monday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Berkeley County Administration Building, 1003 Highway 52, Moncks Corner.
• Berkeley County Board of Education meetings are held twice each month. The second meeting of each month includes special recognitions of students, employees and community members. Executive Committee meets at 5:30 p.m.; public meeting starts at 6:30
• Charleston City Council conducts its meetings on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at 5 p.m.