These are the issues coming before various City of Charleston boards and committees that are specific to Daniel Island and the Cainhoy area. All meetings are open for public comment except the TRC meetings.
CITY OF CHARLESTON TECHNICAL REVIEW COMMITTEE (TRC)
A meeting of the City of Charleston Technical Review Committee will be held at 9 a.m. on Feb. 4 via Zoom. Items on the agenda for Daniel Island or the Cainhoy peninsula include:
• Volvo Car Stadium modifications. Location: 161 Seven Farms Drive, Daniel Island. Owner: City of Charleston. Leasee: Beemok Sports LLC. Applicant: Seamon, Whiteside, & Associates, 843-884-1667. Contact: Paul Peeples, email@example.com
Results from the Jan. 28 meeting were:
• Wando Village - Pocket Park. Location: Intersection of S.C. Highway 41 and Clements Ferry Road, Cainhoy. Owner: Pulte Home Company, LLC. Applicant: Thomas & Hutton, 843-725-5274. Contact: Will Cox, firstname.lastname@example.org
. First review of site plan for amenity pavilion, boardwalk, paths/sidewalk, and parking. RESULTS: Revise and resubmit to TRC.
CITY OF CHARLESTON BOARD OF ZONING-SITE DESIGN (BZA-SD)
A meeting of the BZA-SD will be held Wednesday, Feb. 3 at 5 p.m., via Zoom. To access via phone, call 301- 715-8592. Meeting ID# 867 9676 5530. Technical assistance line: 843-724-3788. Items on the agenda for Daniel Island or the Cainhoy peninsula include:
• 310 Hidden Bottom Lane, Daniel Island. Request a variance from Sec. 54-327 to allow the removal of one grand tree. Owner: Michael & Caroline Walkley. Applicant: Lowcountry Premier Custom Homes.
CITY OF CHARLESTON BOARD OF ZONING-APPEALS
A meeting of the BZAZ was held Feb. 2. Items on the agenda for Daniel Island or the Cainhoy peninsula included:
• 321 Bayley Road, Daniel Island. Request variance (after-the-fact) from Sec. 54-823 Daniel Island Master Plan zoning regulations to allow a HVAC platform with a 15-ft., 9-inch setback from the rear property line (20-ft. required.) Owner: Kelly and Will Swicord. Applicant: Eric Schoenbaechler (Barrow Building Group). Results were not available at press time.
REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETINGS
• Berkeley County Council conducts its regularly scheduled meetings on the fourth Monday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Berkeley County Administration Building, 1003 Highway 52, Moncks Corner.
• Berkeley County Board of Education meetings are held twice each month. The second meeting of each month includes special recognitions of students, employees and community members. Executive Committee meets at 5:30 p.m.; public meeting starts at 6:30 p.m.
• Charleston City Council conducts its meetings on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at 5 p.m.