These are the issues coming before various City of Charleston boards and committees and the review results that are specific to Daniel Island and the Cainhoy area. All meetings are open for public comment except the TRC meetings.
CITY OF CHARLESTON BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS - SITE DESIGN
A meeting of the City of Charleston Board of Zoning Appeals-Site Design previously set for Oct. 7 has been rescheduled to Oct. 15 at 5 p.m. via Zoom. On the agenda is the deferred application for the removal of eight grand trees on Fairbanks Drive. Zoned DI-GO, Owner: Stanley Martin Homes. Applicant: SeamonWhiteside + Associates. For details, call 843-724-3765. Look for an update in next week’s paper.
CITY OF CHARLESTON DESIGN REVIEW BOARD
A meeting of the City of Charleston Design Review Board is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 19 at 4:30 p.m. virtually via ZOOM. An item for review specific to Daniel Island is the conceptual approval for the renovations/addition to the existing Volvo Car Stadium, 161 Seven Farms Drive. Owner: City of Charleston. Applicant: LS3P Associates,
CITY OF CHARLESTON TECHNICAL REVIEW COMMITTEE
A meeting of the City of Charleston Technical Review Committee will be held on Oct. 15 at 9 a.m. via Zoom. Items for review specific to Daniel Island and the Cainhoy area are:
• First review of site and building modifications to the Volvo Car Stadium at 161 Seven Farms Owner: City of Charleston and lessee, Beemok Sports, LLC. Application SeamonWhiteside + Associations, 843-884-1667. Zoning: DI-TC Contact: Paul Peeples, email@example.com
Items heard at the Oct. 8 meeting were disposed as follows:
• Fifth review of preliminary plat and road construction plans for a mixed-use neighborhood, Wando Village, SC Highway 41. Owner: Pulte Group on behalf of Pastime Amusement, Inc. Applicant: Thomas & Hutton Engineering Co. 843-725-5268. Zoning: PUD. Contact: Will Cox firstname.lastname@example.org
. Disposition: Revisions and comments were to be resolved and submitted for Planning and Engineering stamping
• Second review for clearing and site preparation for future roads and mixed-use development at The Waterfront. Location: Helmsman and Longshore streets, Daniel Island. Owner: Parcel R Phase 1 Development Co., LLC. Applicant: Thomas & Hutton Engineering Co. 843-725-5276. Zoning: DI-TC Contact: Brian Riley, email@example.com
. Disposition: Comments to be resolved and Site Plan to be submitted to Zoning for stamping.
REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETINGS
• Berkeley County Council conducts its regularly scheduled meetings on the fourth Monday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Berkeley County Administration Building, 1003 Highway 52, Moncks Corner.
• Berkeley County Board of Education meetings are held twice each month. The second meeting of each month includes special recognitions of students, employees and community members. The Executive Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. with the public meeting beginning at 6:30 p.m.
• Charleston City Council conducts its regularly scheduled meetings on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at 5 p.m.