Relections on 2015: ECCO's Top 15 Highlights
It was a great year for East Cooper Community Outreach! We have so much to be proud of and even more reasons to be thankful. I am happy to share the following memorable moments and accomplishments from 2015:
15. Trident United Way’s Day of Caring brought employees from Nucor, East Cooper Medical Center, and Atkinson Pools and Spas to ECCO and BCCOC for a day of volunteering and facility beautification.
14. The office and lobby areas underwent renovations and now offer a revitalized and welcoming experience for clients and visitors thanks to the generosity of one of our most valued donors.
13. ECCO’s 25th Anniversary Celebration finished up with the 3rd Annual Golf Ball - our most successful fundraiser to date.
12. The Young Professionals program launched with an event at Westbrook Brewing Co., introducing more than 100 new friends to ECCO.
11. We completed a digital overhaul of ECCO’s marketing platforms and revitalized our online presence with a new user-friendly website.
10. This year’s Thanksgiving Turkey project provided a full meal and sides to 529 families who otherwise would not have had one.
9. The 7th Annual Adopt a Family project helped over 100 families with Christmas presents for their children. A new partnership with Operation Fir brightened the holiday season for 60 ECCO families who received a fresh-cut Christmas tree complete with all the accessories.
8. Nine seniors at Lincoln Middle-High School made decisions to further their education after participating in ECCO’s Life Lessons program.
7. The 9th Annual Stone Soup Award was presented to long-time friend, G. Richard (Dick) Query.
6. This was the first summer in ECCO’s history that we didn’t experience a food shortage in the Warehouse.
5. Three individuals received an IDA savings match after completing our financial literacy program and increased their assets; one participant started a business and two used the funds to go to college.
4. Leslie White, our Dental Clinic Manager, received the South Carolina Dental Association’s 2015 Special Recognition Award for contributing to the dental community through her work at ECCO.
3. ECCO was voted the “Best Nonprofit” in East Cooper by readers of the Moultrie News.
2. ECCO responded immediately to the historic flooding with disaster relief efforts thanks to the community’s support, and distributed cleaning supplies, personal hygiene kits, clothing, food, and emergency funds for those in need.
1. A new satellite program was launched in Huger to provide residents with greater access to ECCO’s health and education services, and the Baldwin Carson Community Outreach Center officially opened its doors in September.
On behalf of the entire organization, we thank everyone who played a part in supporting our mission last year. ECCO is proud to continue helping families in a more holistic manner, ensuring that our clients receive the services necessary for an improved quality of life – offering dental and health care, food, clothing, emergency financial assistance, education, ongoing support and guidance, and so much more.
ECCO is grateful for the opportunity to serve the community and we look forward to what 2016 will bring.